Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentines Day Dinner

This Valentines Day the husband and I did not go out to a restaurant, we did not get dressed up, and we did not order from a menu. We got home from work early and we headed into the kitchen and both created wonderful dishes to share with each other. I made french fries with some Burbank Russet potatoes and roasted asparagus. He made his own fish BBQ sauce and baked amazing salmon steaks. For dessert we had frozen bananas dipped in chocolate peanut butter sauce.

For the French Fries:
I washed, peeled and chopped up 4 small potatoes into fry shape. Then I soaked them in water for 15 min while the oven heated to 425F. Then I tossed them in a bag with a little olive oil and sea salt. Then I spread them out on the pizza stone and baked for 20 min. I took them out and tossed them and put them back in for 10 more min.
For the Asparagus:
Cut them to the length your comfortable with then toss them in a drizzle of olive oil and sea salt. Bake in pre-heated oven 425F for 20 min.
For the Salmon Sauce:
Combine mustard, ketchup, maple syurp, soy sauce, chili powder, cumin until you get something tasty.
For the Salmon:
Spread with sauce and bake in pre-heated oven 425F for 10-12 min depending on the thickness of the salmon.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment