Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sautéed Brussels Sprouts

So it turns out I am a closet Brussels Sprouts LOVER. I tried them at my aunts house a few years ago and did not enjoy the flavor. So I didn't eat another sprout until this past Thanksgiving. My sister Nina made them roasted with BACON. I couldn't pass up bacon and I was hooked. I have made these several times since then. I came across a recipe from one of my current favorite bloggers theDailyGarnish. Sweet & Sour Brussels Sprouts. I made her exact recipe when I made them for my in laws at Christmas time but when I make them at home I don't always have access to apple cider vinegar. So I subbed that with soy sauce. They are super easy and I only have to remember to buy the sprouts because soy sauce and honey are regularly stocked in our kitchen. Great way to get some vitamin K and vitamin C in at dinner time.

Step 1: remove a few loose outer leaves and halve the BS.
Step 2: place cut side down on a warmed skillet with a drizzel of olive oil.
Step 3: flip the BS then drizzel with honey and add a few dashes of soy sauce. Let simmer a bit to finish up and then Enjoy. It turns out I like my BS a bit crunchy so if you like them softer cook a min or two longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment