Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fluffy Apple Cake aka Apple Sharlotka

I came across this wonderful looking apple recipe and I just had to try it. Ever since Gary showed me how easy it is to peel, core and slice apples with my Pampered Chef Apple Peeler, Corer Slicer I try and find any excuse to use it. This was wonderfully fluffy. The top layer (ends up being on the bottom) is amazingly crisp and sweet. I can't wait for an excuse to make this again. Also I used a 9in regular non stick cake pan and it came out relatively easily. I was able to pop it out after letting it rest for 5 min after I removed it from the oven.
One problem we ran into is we put the leftover half slice in the cake dome and then forgot about it for about 4 or 5 days. This dome is designed to keep the moisture inside and we ended up getting some mold growth. So TIP don't forget about leftovers because I am sure if we hadn't forgotten it would have gotten eaten a lot sooner this is such a tasty dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment