Sunday, February 26, 2012

Broccoli Cheese Soup

I dedicate this to my mother in-law Deb. She is an amazing cook and she consistently inspires me. While I was vacationing in Omaha for Christmas I ate some very great food. One of the things that Deb made was Broccoli Cheese Soup. She had been gifted this really neat blender that blended at such a high speed it actually cooked the contents. So she threw this little diddy together. I can't wait to go to the supermarket next week so I can get the ingredients to make this.

1 cup skim milk
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped fresh brocolli**
1 tsp diced onion
1 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp chicken soup base

Place all ingredients into blender and process until smooth. Heat through and add additional steamed florets before serving.

**If you don't have one of these amazing cook as you blend contraptions do as I did and just steam the broccoli first then process it until smooth then add it to a sauce pan. Heat until steaming and cheese is melted and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment