Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bruschetta

I made this Bruschetta Recipe for our family as an appetizer for our New Years day party. I forgot to take pictures but I still wanted to share my recipe so it can be repeated.

Ingredients:
  • Loaf of Italian bread (I used Orowheat Premium Italian Bread)
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
  • Pinch salt
  • Pinch pepper
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 10 Roma tomatoes, chopped and seeds (gooey stuff) discarded
  • ¼ cup flash frozen basil flakes
Directions:
  1. Cut the top and bottom crusts off of each slice of bread. I used all of the pieces in the loaf except the ends.
  2. Toast each piece.
  3. Cut each piece in half so that each half has 1 side with crust.
  4. Set the bread aside until you are ready to serve.
  5. In a medium size bowl mix the tomato, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, lemon juice and basil.
  6. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
  7. When you are ready to serve lay out the toast slices on a flat serving tray.
  8. Place about a teaspoon of the tomato mixture on top of each.

No comments:

Post a Comment